My mom and my grandma Pearl are 2 of the greatest women I have ever had the pleasure to know. Grandma Pearl was a widow at 45 and never remarried. She worked most of her life as a nurses aid, living in a studio apartment within walking distance of the hospital where she worked. She sat at her kitchen table to visit company and to watch her favorite tv shows, mostly game shows. When she passed away after about 8 heart attacks, she left each of her 2 sons and my mom $10,000 each she had saved. The only things that were important to her, were her kids and grandkids. Her pleasures in life were getting her hair done on Saturdays, which she never touched cuz it was lacquered and talking to my mom on the phone. She lived her whole life in Rogersville and then Springfield MO, while we lived in Chicago and it’s burbs. I remember her coming to visit when I was in the 4th grade and taking us kids to see “Mary Poppins” in the theater. She came again when I was in the 7th grade. We went to MO to visit her when I was 19 and that was the last time I saw her. I called her once when I was 29 to see if I could bring my young family to visit and she said no cuz she didn’t think her heart could take the excitement. I told her I would continue to write and see her in the next life. I’m coming up on the 9th year since I lost my mom and it makes me think about her and her relationship with her mom. Right now both my daughters live with me and my daughter-in-law is visiting. I remember mom talking about how much she enjoyed going to lunch with my little sisters. Wish I could take her to lunch now. Wish she had lived to see my kids grow up and that I am on my own and much happier now. I miss you Mom.
- Hummazing lunch! (@ Even Stevens Sandwiches in Salt Lake City, UT) swarmapp.com/c/gBSKEhQH0x8 https://t.co/yoOdBDaFBM 2 hours ago
- #sweetcakes @ Sweet Cake Bake Shop instagram.com/p/BW-gvihHY7P/ 5 hours ago
- #sweetcakes (@ Sweet Cake Bake Shop - @sweetcakebkshp in Salt Lake City, UT) swarmapp.com/c/kCiUaxI4diF https://t.co/tE1btDK3UE 5 hours ago
- Brunch! (@ The Oasis Cafe in Salt Lake City, UT) swarmapp.com/c/8oZS6OSKCQ7 https://t.co/m7IVVt3val 2 days ago
- Why go anywhere else for a burger? (@ Proper Brewing Company in Salt Lake City, UT) swarmapp.com/c/8OC3eD90KOW https://t.co/onb91ULiPh 5 days ago
Who said What?
Getting Healthy-Perf… on Staying Strong Until We Break?… Getting Healthy-Perf… on Saying goodbye Fred Graham on Dad