My mom and my grandma Pearl are 2 of the greatest women I have ever had the pleasure to know. Grandma Pearl was a widow at 45 and never remarried. She worked most of her life as a nurses aid, living in a studio apartment within walking distance of the hospital where she worked. She sat at her kitchen table to visit company and to watch her favorite tv shows, mostly game shows. When she passed away after about 8 heart attacks, she left each of her 2 sons and my mom $10,000 each she had saved. The only things that were important to her, were her kids and grandkids. Her pleasures in life were getting her hair done on Saturdays, which she never touched cuz it was lacquered and talking to my mom on the phone. She lived her whole life in Rogersville and then Springfield MO, while we lived in Chicago and it’s burbs. I remember her coming to visit when I was in the 4th grade and taking us kids to see “Mary Poppins” in the theater. She came again when I was in the 7th grade. We went to MO to visit her when I was 19 and that was the last time I saw her. I called her once when I was 29 to see if I could bring my young family to visit and she said no cuz she didn’t think her heart could take the excitement. I told her I would continue to write and see her in the next life. I’m coming up on the 9th year since I lost my mom and it makes me think about her and her relationship with her mom. Right now both my daughters live with me and my daughter-in-law is visiting. I remember mom talking about how much she enjoyed going to lunch with my little sisters. Wish I could take her to lunch now. Wish she had lived to see my kids grow up and that I am on my own and much happier now. I miss you Mom.
- Just posted a photo @ The Avenues, Salt Lake City instagram.com/p/Bh20IS5lSx7/ 9 hours ago
- The next time it snows this spring I'm ready with this sign from jdawgs. @ Salt Lake City, Utah instagram.com/p/Bh2xxcKlcTb/ 10 hours ago
- Best feel good food in the planet. Best Mexican restaurant in the world. (@ The @SonoraGrill in Ogden, UT)… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- Read a good review so giving them a try! (@ J Dawgs in Midvale, UT) swarmapp.com/c/hYhfm0wBpjN https://t.co/pRMmfyxvqr 1 day ago
- I'm at The Mail Center in Midvale, UT swarmapp.com/c/9ny8ZGrkrQo https://t.co/Mh9NBvZ7la 1 day ago
Who said What?
Getting Healthy-Perf… on Staying Strong Until We Break?… Getting Healthy-Perf… on Saying goodbye Fred Graham on Dad